As Cousin Island's solar power crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo reaches its climax, Global Vision International (GVI) http://www.gvi.co.uk/ has teamed up with Nature Seychelles and Climatecaring to offer an amazing prize - the chance to win a free conservation expedition to Curieuse Island. There are on average 12 hours of sunshine a day in the Seychelles Islands. We want you to donate £1 for every hour. For your £12 donation we will send you a postcard from paradise and our eternal gratitude, Plus you will be entered into a prize draw to win a FREE four week conservation expedition on Curieuse Island, a sister Island of Cousin, worth £1,495.
The expedition is operated by GVI (www.gvi.co.uk), the world's foremost volunteering organisation and keen supporter of our work in the Seychelles.
Please see GVI Curieuse expedition page: http://www.gvi.co.uk/programs/wildlife-conservation-expedition-seychelles and GVI Curieuse facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GVISeychellesMaheCurieuse for more information.
GVI has generously donated one placement on its Curieuse volunteer research and conservation expedition in the Seychelles and Climatecaring will assist the lucky winner to set up a crowd funding page to raise the funds for an air ticket and donate the first £100 or equivalent currency to the site.
Three runners up will receive 2 of Max Aliaga’s stunning wildlife photographs as consolation prizes.
How to enter.
Simply go to our appeal site: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/powering-conservation-on-cousin-island-seychelles#home
On the right hand side under “Select a Perk” click on the £12 GVI Curieuse prize draw and follow the easy steps to donate. Your unique contribution ID number will be automatically added to the draw. You can enter as many times as you like by simply making multiple £12 donations. The prize draw winner of the four week volunteer position at the GVI Curieuse research and conservation expedition will be announced in June 2014 and the winner notified along with the runners up.
Terms and Conditions of the GVI / Indiegogo prize May 2014:
- This competition is open to anyone over 18 able to meet physical, mental and safeguarding requirements of the program, except for current employees of GVI and its affiliates.
- The prize consists of 1 x 4 week volunteering experience on the Wildlife Conservation Expedition in the Seychelles with GVI, as described here: http://www.gvi.co.uk/programs/wildlife-conservation-expedition-seychelles . What is included, and what is not included, are described on the site. Of note, flights, taxes, insurance and spending money are some of the items not included that will need to be funded by the winning individual.
- The winner will need to sign and adhere to GVI’s Terms and Conditions.
- The competition starts on May 8th runs until May 31th 2014
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted via indiegogo, to the relevant project page. Entries submitted to a page which does not correspond to the entry will not be considered.
- The winning entrant will be notified through the indiegogo platform, and has 30 days after the competition closing date to claim his/her prize.
- The prize may not be under any conditions be exchanged for an alternative of any kind, donated to another
We can’t wait to meet the winner here in the Seychelles, Good Luck!
Photos: GVI Seychelles